One day a year, I get the pleasure of enjoying a heart-shaped pizza at Boston Pizza. To me, it’s like getting a special valentine from the cutest guy in class… because I heart pizza so much! In reality, there is a whole lotta love inside of these delicious hearts.
On February 14th, join me in showing your love by purchasing a heart-shaped pizza from Boston Pizza. One dollar from every heart-shaped pizza sold that day will go to support Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects, which is committed to connecting kids with role models in their communities to ensure they have a bright future. This year, BP plans to raise $520,000 with this program alone!
See? That is a whole lotta love.
The heart-shaped pizzas are available in small and medium sizes (excluding thin crust), with classic or multigrain dough and can be ordered for dine-in, take-out or delivery in any of BP’s gourmet and create-your-own pizza varieties. Me? I’m a pepperoni girl.
Additionally, right now until February 14th, you can purchase a Boston Pizza Peel and Win Heart for a minimum donation of $2. With this, you’ll have the chance to win either $2 off dessert, $5 off $25 on Takeout and Delivery, a free starter, Panookie or Flatbread Pizzatizer (my fave).
So, where does all the money raised go? One dollar ($1) from every heart-shaped pizza sold on February 14 will go to support Boston Pizza Foundation Future Prospects, which is committed to connecting kids with role models in their communities to ensure they have a bright future. Since 1990, the Boston Pizza Foundation has raised and donated more than $20 million to their partner charities:
Big Brothers Big Sisters
- For over 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been making a positive difference in the lives of our nation’s youth by developing and delivering a wide range of mentoring programs.
- In 2014, donations allowed Big Brothers Big Sisters to extend and expand mentoring services into new communities and to youth who do not currently have access to mentoring programs. From Blackfalds, Alberta to Renfrew County in the Ottawa Region, from Yellowknife, NWT to Eastern Newfoundland, and many places in between, 1000s of young people benefited from the guidance of a mentor.
- JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research with a goal to progressively remove the impact from people’s lives through scientific advancements and policy influence until a world without T1D is achieved.
- BP’s partnership with JDRF Canada has helped fund the development of an artificial pancreas and the youth ambassador program which provides mentorship to young people living with T1D.
Kids Help Phone
- Kids Help Phone is a leading Canadian charity offering the only national professional counselling service that kids can trust and access at any time.
- Kids Help Phone has added adult tools and resources and youth online content to their website, garnering more than 4,000 visits every month.
- Live Different’s mission is to inspire and embrace a lifestyle that cares about people, not ‘stuff’.
- Live Different has helped inspire over 1 million students in Canada, through high school motivational presentations, with the message that their life has value, that they have hope for their future and that they can make a positive difference in the world.
Rick Hansen Foundation
- Rick Hansen Foundation’s mission is to inspire leaders, influencers and the public to join Rick Hansen in creating a global movement to remove barriers and liberate the amazing potential of people with disabilities.
- By partnering with BP, Rick Hansen Foundation has reached more youth through the Rick Hansen School Program so that over 500,000 students across the country each year can learn about inclusion for people with disabilities and how to make a difference in their local community.
I’ll be at my local Boston Pizza with my family on Valentine’s Day sharing the love via Twitter & Instagram. Follow me with the #HeartShapedPizza hashtag. Please help us out by doing the same!
I found this photo in my archives, another bit of BP love…
Disclosure: This post was compensated by Boston Pizza however all opinions are my own; honest and genuine.