Chelsea and I just returned from WE Day Atlantic 2015! Actually, it’s not even over yet, but it is for us… Chels was up late last night, found the show a bit too loud for her itty bitty ears and frankly, turned into the poster child for tired, over-stimulated six year olds. In other words, please send wine. I did get one good shot before the demons took over though…
TELUS WE Day Program Information
- Francesco Yates teamed up with TELUS, MTV and YOU to remix his hit song ‘Call’ to create the social anthem of our generation. Together, we want to inspire young people to accept the call to change the world and start making a difference in their local communities.
- Watch the remix music video at http://ow.ly/SNpQi and share it with your friends with the hashtag #CallForChange. For every video shared, TELUS will donate $10 to Free The Children.
- Francesco Yates’ will perform the #CallForChange at each stop of the Canadian We Day tour, where the new music video will be featured.
- We Day, an initiative of Free The Children, is a celebration of youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
- TELUS is passionate about motivating young minds to create change through the power of technology. Technology gives people a voice and an audience. With the help of Canadians, we’ve created a social anthem that will inspire youth to change the world.
TELUS WE Day Background
- For the fourth consecutive year, TELUS is proud to help inspire young leaders and support positive social change as the national co-title partner of WE Day.
- TELUS and Free The Children have a shared vision – together, they want to help engage and empower youth to harness their innovative ideas, make positive change and become community leaders, both locally and globally.
- The partnership goes back to 2007. Since then, they have given more than $16 million dollars of support to Free The Children’s efforts in Canada and around the world.
- TELUS’ WE Day sponsorship allows tens of thousands of students across Canada to attend WE Day for free creating an engaged community of young people. Youth earn their way to WE Day by doing at least one act of good in their community and one act of good globally.
- This year, TELUS has teamed up with Francesco Yates to remix his hit song ‘Call’ with the help of Canadians to create the social anthem of our generation.
- For every video shared, TELUS will donate $10 to Free The Children.
- Today’s technology gives young leaders the power to change the world like never before. It gives people a voice, an audience and helps to amplify messages of positive social change.
- The TELUS WE Day partnership with Free The Children is a five year multi-million dollar partnership as National Co-Title Partner of WE Day across Canada.
- To find out more about Free The Children and WE Day, go to www.weday.com.
Sample #CallForChange Tweets:
- .@TELUS remixed ‘Call’ by @FrancescoYates to inspire social change @weday! Check out the new #CallForChange video http://ow.ly/SNpQi
- Watch & share the #CallForChange video! For every video shared, @TELUS will donate $10 to @freethechildren! http://ow.ly/SNpQi
- Today’s technology gives us the power to change the world like never before. Watch & share @TELUS’ #CallForChange http://ow.ly/SNpQi
- .@TELUS teamed up w/@FrancescoYates and YOU to create the social anthem of our generation. Watch & share! #CallForChange http://ow.ly/SNpQi
Thanks TELUS for the invite to WE Day again this year! Opinions (and parental frustrations) are my own.