All the cheese. That’s what Christmas means to me.
Cheese balls might be cheesy to some, but in our house, they’re sure to be the platter that has no leftovers. This Greek-twist is an update of the classic Hidden Valley Ranch cheeseball recipe. Make sure to use a mild, creamy cheese such as havarti. I played around with adding feta and other cheeses and found the end result a bit too salty because there’s so much salt in the olives already.
Greek-Inspired Cheese Ball
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, regular or reduced fat
- 1 tbsp sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 cups shredded havarti cheese
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Greek Tzatziki dip mix
- 3 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 cup or so of walnut pieces, finely chopped, to roll cheese ball in – optional… you could roll in chopped fresh dill if you’d like to be nut-free.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the nuts. Form into ball and roll in chopped nuts. For best flavour, make at least a few hours before serving and bring out from fridge about half an hour before you serve.
There’s no need to sacrifice on taste or variety with the new Hidden Valley® Greek Tzatziki Dressing and Dip Mix. Take your taste buds on a journey across Athens and the Greek islands – both dressing and dip mix are full of authentic Greek flavor. The creamy and zesty flavours combine to make the perfect topping for a crunchy Greek salad or fresh-off-the-grill kebab. Plus, with higher-protein and lower-fat content than our traditional Ranch, Hidden Valley® Greek Tzatziki dressing is sure to be a hit for the whole family. Get that grill fired up – there’s never been a better time to enjoy your favourite Greek dishes.
Disclosure: Hidden Valley provided me with free product to experiment with; opinions are my own.