I’m officially dubbing this the summer of grilled fruit. What started with bananas has escalated to nectarines and who knows what will be next. I received this recipe from President’s Choice and happened to have everything on hand except the walnuts, so I subbed with pecans. Holy moly, this is another 5-minute grilled dessert that came out amazing… I’m just kicking myself that I’ve waited to long to try them.
Along with being delicious, these desserts are great because you can choose to make as much or as little as you want; great for when you have unexpected dinner guests.
PC’s Grilled Nectarines with Maple Goat Cheese
- 4 ripe but slightly firm nectarines or peaches, halved and pitted
- 1-¼ tsp (6 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) kosher salt
- 1 pkg (140 g) PC Maple Flavoured Goat’s Milk Soft Unripened Cheese, divided in eight equal portions
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) PC 100% Pure Medium Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) walnut halves, broken in pieces (or, as I did – Pecans)
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Brush cut sides of nectarines with oil; sprinkle with salt. Place on grill cut side down; grill until slightly charred and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over; top hollow of each nectarine with a portion of cheese. Cover and cook about 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to platter; drizzle syrup all over. Sprinkle walnuts over goat cheese; serve immediately.
So, I still haven’t grilled pineapple yet, but I think it’s probably next on my hit list. What other fruits should I try? I can’t help but think apples and pears will make an appearance come fall. Oooh, the possibilities!
Disclosure: I received a package of new summer PC products along with a recipe booklet to try some new recipes if I chose. Opinions and all that other jazz is mine, as always.