The votes have been tabulated and although I’m good with tofu, I had a feeling that pork would win out… and it sure did.
I loved how simple Chef Julien’s recipe was and how he used the Club House La Grille Maple Bacon Seasoning to turn it into a winning recipe. In case you missed it, here it is again:
Winning BBQ Bone-in Pork Chops with Smoky Mustard and Maple Syrup by Chef Richard Julien
Club House La Grille Maple Bacon seasoning will take your BBQ dishes to the next level, adding a seasoned and smoky sweetness to this incredible pork chop entrée!
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 4):
• 240 grams (4–8 ounce) bone-in pork centre cut chops
• 8 tsp (40 ml) Club House La Grille Maple Bacon Seasoning
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) grape seed oil
• 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
• 2 small shallots, peeled and minced
• 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, all green stripped from the stalk. Reserve the green, toss the stalk
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) red wine vinegar
Mustard and Maple BBQ Sauce:
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
• ½ cup (125 ml) grainy old fashioned mustard
• ½ cup (125 ml) maple syrup
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) black strap molasses
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) sherry vinegar
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) freshly chopped parsley
• 2 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tsp (5 ml) hot sauce
• Club House Sea Salt and Club House Black Pepper Grinders, to taste
For the Marinade:
• Place all ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl, whisk together and let sit for 15 minutes to develop the flavour.
• Add the pork chops and mix together until all sides are covered. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
For the BBQ Sauce:
• Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
• Let simmer on the stove on medium/low heat for 15 minutes or until the liquid comes to a soft boil.
• Remove from heat and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Let cool.
• After an hour remove the pork chops from the marinade and dry with paper towel. Be sure to remove all of the marinade and get the chops as dry as possible.
• Pre-heat your BBQ to 400 °F.
• Brush the chops with a small amount of grape seed oil and sprinkle each chop on both sides with Club House La Grille Maple Bacon seasoning, salt and pepper.
• Grill the chops for 5 minutes on each side, then turn the BBQ down to low and brush the chops with sauce, turning them frequently and applying more BBQ sauce each time. Continue this routine for approximately 4 – 5 minutes.
• Remove the chops and place them on a clean plate, then cover with a piece of foil for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite side dish!
This BBQ recipe blends two of my favorite flavours: bacon and maple. Used on the grill, they are sublime! I grew up enjoying life’s simple pleasures in the kitchen and Club House La Grille Maple Bacon seasoning is a perfect fit for my maple and mustard BBQ sauce. In just a few steps, you too can achieve grilling perfection!
The Club House La Grille Facebook page has also been updated with all of the contest winners, including the newly announced Grand Prize winner, was it one of you? As always, new, mouthwatering La Grille recipes are being added all the time, so it’s great to have them popping up in your feed (pun intended).
Next up is where I come in, I’ve been challenged to come up with my own Club House La Grille #FlavourStory and share it with you all via a delicious recipe… so stay tuned.
Congratulations Chef Julien!