Sweet potato fries with a curry mayo dip are one of the best things ever. Take that experience and turn it into a salad and that’s just what I’ve done here. Is it healthier? Probably not much… but it definitely sounds like it is, right?
This salad was soooo good! Hubs gave it a couple of his top compliments: 1. That it was going on his ‘list’ of things he asks me to make and 2. It was showing off to company food. I’ll add to this that it’s two of my favourite things: 1. It’s quick and 2. It doesn’t take a long list of ingredients.
Here’s how I made it:
Warm Curried Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 large (I mean large, this thing was huge, it gave me close to four cups of sweet potato when chopped into large 2-bite pieces… if yours are smaller, use more)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper (I used a smoked sea salt, which I’ve been using when I grill, but just salt is fine, about 1/2 tsp each)
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Pataks Mild Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp Pataks Sweet Mango Chutney
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed (just run them under some warm water and drain)
In a large bowl, I tossed the chopped sweet potato with the olive oil, salt and pepper. I then threw them in my grilling pan and grilled them for about 25 minutes over medium heat, tossing them from time to time (If you are careful, you could do them right on the grill… just be careful when flipping). While the sweet potatoes were cooking, in the same bowl I tossed them in, I combined the mayo, curry paste and sweet mango chutney and then added in the thawed peas. Once the potatoes were done, all I had to do was toss them in the dressing, put them in a serving bowl (only because I was being Ms. Fancy Pants), and serve. We had the salad along side some grilled chicken breast fillets and dang, it was good.
Disclosure:I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.