One of the things I enjoy doing most in our beautiful, yet short Nova Scotia summer is just grabbing a nice day by the hand and running with it. Whether it’s heading to the beach and coming back home for a barbecue, or a lazy evening of drinks and snacks with friends on the deck, being prepared in a few easy ways is the key to success:
1. Keep prepped salad fixings in the fridge at all times. This works if you are coming home from the beach and want to throw some burgers on the grill or maybe to go along with that pizza you picked up on the way home. If the chopping is done, a salad takes literally seconds to toss together.
2. Keep an extra bag of fresh ice in the freezer. Running out of ice is not cool… literally.
3. Dippity Do. You know those prepped salad fixings we talked about? They also make great dippers. If you have some dip or hummus in the fridge, you have a healthy snack that everybody likes.
4. Tidy the house and then get the kids outside. An empty house stays tidy, haha! Have friends following you home from the beach? A quick run through with a damp cloth and your smudge-proof kitchen is shiny and company ready before they get through the door.
5. Sit down and relax… read: have seating for everybody. I love those folding chairs in a bag – they take up hardly any room when not in use, are great to take to parades or picnics and most importantly, they are super comfy (and might double as a hat?).
Are you ready for some summer fun?
Disclosure: I am part of the Frigidaire Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.