Disney fever is hitting hard and heavy these days. We aren’t going until the new year, but as we plan, Hubs and I tried to narrow down what we would like to do over again and what we might like to change the next go around. Here’s what we’d like to do differently:
1. Less park days (or equal park days, longer overall stay). Staying at Port Orleans Riverside, a moderate Disney Resort hotel, was a vacation in itself. I wish we would have had the time to enjoy it’s amenities more. I’d also like more time to spend visiting the other resorts, Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk.
2. No meal plan. We are a family with big appetites and even we couldn’t keep up with the portions. We may instead do something that I read online, which is to put the amount we would have spent on a Disney Meal Plan on a Disney gift card and then whatever is left over we can spend on any merchandise we want. We will however have breakfast at Chef Mickey’s again… it was incredible!
3. Use Fast-Passes more strategically. This one just took me some time to figure out. Now that I know the drill, our park visits will have more of a plan to them. I should probably find out where the attraction photos are taken as well, so that I can look as cool as this guy in photos (that’s us in back).
4. I won’t spend a week before we leave fretting over the weather forecast. One of our best park days was at Animal Kingdom when it was pouring. Rain = little to no lines.
5. Okay, we can only think of four things, so here’s a pic of me, Donald and Chip & Dale because Moms like photo opps with characters too…