I was asked recently what I thought the ultimate burger would be? With all this beautiful Nova Scotia weather, birthday parties, sleepovers, shopping, visiting and fun, I had to say that the ultimate burger would be the one fit for my favourite meal…
Meet the gorgeous Eggs Benny Burger…
A toasted whole wheat kaiser bun topped with a slice of medium cheddar cheese, a grilled beef & breakfast sausage patty, fresh tomato slice, crispy bacon, a poached egg and topped with Hollandaise sauce. Oh yeah, a burger with Hollandaise is definitely ultimate.
Heather’s Ultimate Eggs Benny Burger – Makes 6
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 4 pork breakfast sausages (the small ones), removed from casings
- Healthy shake of Montreal Steak Spice
- 6 Hearty Buns
- 6 Slices of your favourite cheese (I used Medium Cheddar)
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 9 slices of bacon + extra for munching
- 6 poached eggs, a little runny is best, but your preference.
- Hollandaise sauce, your own or a mix (it’s 9 am folks, I’m going for the mix)
- Parsley, if you’re fancy
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, sausage meat and spice. Form into six patties of equal size. Once you do that, get the rest of your toppings and buns prepped and your hollandaise started. My bacon was precooked, so I put it along with the potato patties that I was serving on the side in a grill basket to put on the top rack while the burgers cooked. While the barbecue was heating, I relaxed with some coffee and OJ.