- 8 oz uncooked shell pasta
- 5 cups bagged prewashed kale (I used just over half a bag of Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped roughly
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I crushed one peperoncino)
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, shaved
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (original calls for 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, but I was out of lemons!)
In a large pot, cook pasta in salted boiling water for about 8 minutes, then add kale and cook for 2 more minutes. Reserve half a cup of the cooking liquid and drain the rest.
While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet, remove to a paper towel. Add the red pepper flakes, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the bacon drippings and cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Toss in the pasta, kale, reserved water and vinegar, season with salt and pepper then top with the shaved Parmesan and crumbled bacon.